Overall, a fun session for me. It was good to get back into it. Here are some thoughts:
- The elves were not that powerful for peril 3. I need to start incorporating minor powers into some of my made up encounters.
- Carys really felt like a combat master this session, she was dispatching foes left and right even while outnumbered.
- It was fun to see our enemy finally show up and cause trouble. It ended up being Mireya who sidelined Bastian with a broken arm.
- The kusari is a good weapon for a recurring enemy since she can fight on the outskirts of the main combat and run when things turn against her.
- Low level archers are not very effective.
- The treasure tables have a lot of randomness in them, particularly the coin results. You can get thousands of coins or just a few. I think it is by design, and it keeps things interesting, but I had a number of good rolls last time and made a lot of money.
- With 5 character points, it is time for Carys to buy Perception on the way to growing her IQ.
- Right now I am thinking about adding two new PCs: a rogue/thief and a wizard. The thief would need some combat ability. I still am unsure exactly how I want the wizard to look.
- Most likely, I will be doing that instead of a session this week, but we’ll find out.
As always, thanks for reading. Let me know what you think.